Males tend to have larger and wider noses than females. Also, if you look at a female nose from the side, the base often points slightly upwards while on males it tends to point more straight ahead or slightly downwards. Standard nose reconstruction surgery procedures are generally used to feminize a masculine nose. Noses with a slightly concave “scooped” bridge are thought by many to look particularly feminine.
The nose varies tremendously from individual to individual and, of course, may be quite masculine compared with being desirably female. If one has thin skin, a significant size nose reduction can generally be completed. If the skin is quite thick (as is often the case in males), the contour can still be markedly improved, but there may be a definite limitation to the size nose reduction.
Additional, nose contour changing alone greatly feminizes the basic nasal appearance. If there happens to be a breathing difficulty coexisting with an appearance deformity, these can often be improved markedly by the same surgery.
The incisions for a “Nose Reconstruction technique” are made
across the vertical strip of tissue that separates the nostrils. Work is done on the cartilage and bone that form the framework of your nose. Sometimes, the position of certain bones may need to be altered slightly in order to make your nose look narrower and straighter. If your nose needs to be built up in some areas, this can be done using nasal cartilage, or perhaps bone or cartilage from another site. Your surgeon will consider correcting your nasal shape based on your natural nasal structure.
Candidates for Nose Reconstruction
- Physically healthy and emotionally stable with realistic expectations as to what the surgery can and cannot do
- To achieve refreshed look or passable female appearance
- Women or Men who are not uncomfortable with their nose
- Must be over 18 year old with good health condition
- Appropriate for a seriously misshapen nose. This approach has precision in terms of technique and control over the ultimate outcome.
- More complete exposure, especially of the tip, since this technique is using cartilage from other sites to build up some parts, such as having nasal cartilage added for extending the nasal tip, which minimize the risk of silicone coming out from the nose incision.
PREPARATION BEFORE SURGERY
- Tell the doctor about the underlying disease. Medicines, surgery history, drug allergy history, food allergy history (If there is a medical record from the hospital Should be taken on the day of consultation as well) or inform before the surgery queue
- Patients who received blood clotting drugs And medications that affect blood clotting, such as aspirin, Coumadin, Plavix or NSAID painkillers, such as Voltaren, Brufen or other underlying disease drugs
- Do not eat vitamins, supplements of all kinds, such as vitamin E, fish oil, ginkgo leaves, grapeseed, ginseng, etc. must stop the drug at least 1 month.
- Should wash your hair thoroughly before surgery. And not makeup on the day of surgery Do not wear contact lenses on the day of surgery. If there are eye problems, wear eye glasses instead.
- Do not wear all kinds of jewelry, such as earrings, necklaces, rings, jill on the body on the day of surgery. (If not removed, must inform the officer)
- Stop smoking at least 4 weeks before and after surgery. Because the substances in cigarettes reduce the amount of oxygen in the blood and destroy cells that will repair wound healing Resulting in reduced blood supply to the surgical area With the opportunity to allow the skin that is undergone hypoxia Causing the wound to heal slower than usual And the risk of infection
- Do not drink alcohol for 1-2 days before surgery. And continued for at least 1 week after surgery
- Before surgery Patients need to clean their fingernails and toenails thoroughly. Refrain from nail polish, pedicure and all nail extension.
- Prepare your mind to be ready. Should not be too excited And should know that after surgery, there will be swelling, bruising around the wound And face changes Or the body area of the surgery Which takes time to heal the wound or become familiar with the new image
POST OPERATIVE CARE
- Compress a cold cloth or ice bag for the first 7 days around the area where the nose tape is attached. (Do not hit the part with the tape.)
- After doing the nose for 24 hours, may feel a headache. Nasal pain Swelling around the face To take painkillers And have to take antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor
- The nose may be the most swollen for about 2-3 days. The wound can be removed from the plaster. Sheep can be removed at the end of 7 days by using warm water. Gently wipe and peel off gently.
- After the 7th day after removing the plaster To warm the swelling area
- After doing the nose for 3 days – 1 week, can go to work, but must avoid some activities that are highly exercised, such as running, swimming, having sex. Should avoid snot, rubbing the nose, bowing for a long time, lifting heavy objects
- In general, the nose will collapse, swell and enter for about 3 months or more, which will collapse about 60% in 1 week, collapse 80% in 1 month, collapse, swell and enter at 90% – 100% in 3 – 6 months